Thank you for your interest in using content from The Old Farmer’s Almanac publications and products.
- We do not allow verbatim reprinting or reproduction of any articles or content (print, audio, photo, or video) without permission and attribution.
- We do not allow reprinting/reuse of our weather maps and/or forecasts, in whole or in part, for ANY purpose without permission and attribution. Media inquiries should be made to Ginger@quinnbrein.com. Inquiries from businesses, organizations, and others should be made to Almanac.com/Feedback.
- When permission is requested, we do allow reuse of Old Farmer’s Almanac content under most circumstances, as follows:
For Use in Print
If you would like to use content on a limited basis, please note in your request
- the specific article or item by title and source (the Almanac publication title, date, and page or URL)
- your publication’s title
- your publication date/duration
- the context of use (describe the nature of the content in your publication)
- the circulation of your publication (frequency and number of copies distributed)
In some cases, we charge a fee for usage.
If permission is granted, the material must be attributed to The Old Farmer’s Almanac and the direct source (e.g., The Old Farmer’s Almanac, The Old Farmer’s Almanac for Kids, cookbooks, calendars, etc.) from which the information is pulled; for example:
From The Old Farmer’s Almanac for Kids, Volume 8, and used with permission of The Old Farmer’s Almanac, www.Almanac.com.
To use Almanac content in print, please contact us at Rights and Permission with details as described above.
For Use in Stage, Television, or Film Production
Please contact Ginger Vaughan at Almanac Media Relations or by phone at 206-842-8922.
For Use in Books
Please send details of the project (publisher, publication date, book genre and summary, specific Almanac content to be used, context of use, readership, print run, and other relevant details), on letterhead (if possible) via regular mail, to Editor, The Old Farmer’s Almanac, P.O. Box 520, Dublin, NH 03444.
To Interview an Editor
Please contact Ginger Vaughan at Almanac Media Relations or by phone at 206-842-8922 to schedule a time. (FYI, we are often available on very short notice!)
For Use Online
To use Almanac articles in electronic formats, please contact us at Rights and Permission. In our contact form, you need to specify the following:
- The specific content you’d like to use.
- For Almanac.com content, copy and past the URL from our Web site, followed by the specific text excerpt.
- How/where you intend to use the comment. For print, include circulation/quantity and duration; for TV, include geography; for Web sites, include duration; for other use, include relevant detail.
- If you wish to use our content on a Web site, include the URL to your home page and the URL to the exact page where the link will reside.
You will be notified when permission is granted.
Note: This procedure applies to requests for all types and sizes of material, including just portions of Almanac articles, quotes, or excerpts. The context of the material you use as well as the contextual use of the material, the number of citations you want to make, and the length of the quote/excerpt are important.
Using Almanac.com Content on YOUR Web Site
For those interested in using our content on their web site, we do offer a multitude of RSS feeds with our “of the day” content. See the RSS page.
We do not share the proprietary tools programmed on our web site. For approval to use general article content, please contact us with your request at Rights & Permission.
As you form your request, please note: We prefer that, instead of taking the entire content, you limit our text to 200 characters or one paragraph on your site, instead of entire content, while providing a link to the specific article page on Almanac.com for your visitors to read more with a line of credit , i.e., “Visit Almanac.com to read more.”
Linking TO Almanac.com
We appreciate that you enjoy our content and want to link viewers to our page. We do ask that, instead of linking to our home page, you link to a specific page of ours that is appropriate to the content of your web site.
Permission is not required to create direct links to Almanac.com, but clear attribution is required in the link back; for example:
From The Old Farmer’s Almanac, www.Almanac.com
Read more on Almanac.com
The URL that is visible in the location bar when viewing an article on our Web site is the URL that should be used for the link.
Linking to YOUR Web site
Our policy is to limit the number of Web sites to which we link. It will depend on whether the content interests our readers as well as whether your site pages are well ranked to reflect online interest. To request a linkback from our site to yours, please write us here. We review all requests. If approved, we’ll add your link to our Resource pages, and let you know.
Framed links to our Web site are not permissible. (Content viewed through “framed links” appears to be original to your Web site and not covered by copyright.) A link is only acceptable if Almanac.com pages open within a separate window and only the Almanac.com page URL appears in the location bar.
What is The Old Farmer’s Almanac Mobile Messaging?
By subscribing to The Old Farmer’s Almanac mobile messages, you agree to receive recurring autodialed marketing messages to the telephone number used at the time of opt in. Message frequency may vary. Message and data rates may apply. Consent is not required as a condition of purchasing any goods or services. Terms & Conditions are subject to change. The mobile carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
The Old Farmer’s Almanac Mobile Messages:
- Enter your mobile number on the entry pop-up to receive promotional alerts from The Old Farmer’s Almanac on short code 52284.
- Text STOP to 52284 to opt out.
- Text HELP to 52284, or call: (866) 316-1350, email: email@example.com for assistance.