How many times have you said to yourself, “I need to get my time more organized”? We have, too—don’t worry. So—in putting together our book-style 2015 Engagement Calendar—we have created a planner to help you keep organized all year long as well as provide you with oodles of entertaining quotes, tips, and facts guaranteed to put a smile on your face every time you open it up.
Quotes, Tips, & Facts from the Engagement Calendar
Here are just a few of the many interesting tidbits that you’ll find in the 2015 Engagement Calendar:
• It was once customary for new brides in France to break an egg on the doorstep of their new home for good luck.
• “Never wait for a heavy snowstorm before buying a sled.” –The Old Farmer’s Almanac, 1900
• Get the compost off to a good start: Add some wood ashes from the fireplace now.
• If you’re prone to migraines, avoid chocolate, onions, raisins, raspberries, and aged cheese.
• Cats with their tails and fur up indicate approaching wind—or a dog.
• A passionate kiss uses a total of 34 facial muscles.
• “Canada is a country whose main exports are hockey players and cold fronts.” –Pierre Trudeau, Canadian prime minister (1919–2000)
• Once every 180 years, a meteorite might strike someone on Earth.
• A dash of salt makes cream or egg whites whip more rapidly.
• Soak toothbrushes in baking soda and warm water overnight to clean bristles.
• “Knowledge is madness if good sense does not direct it.” –Spanish proverb
• To deodorize a refrigerator, leave a cotton ball soaked in vanilla extract in it overnight.
• Routinely pinch back basil plants to keep them bushy.
• A gift of wooden spoons brings good luck to the bride.
If you enjoyed these, you’ll find even more in The Old Farmer’s Almanac 2015 Engagement Calendar. Make sure to check it out so you’ll always be entertained while organizing your schedule!