1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease two baking sheets.
2.In a large skillet, cook the sausage with the beets over medium heat until the sausage is browned and crumbles. Add the garlic powder and half each of the salt and pepper. Stir and set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, remaining salt and pepper and whisk to mix. Add the cheese, tossing to coat.
4. Add the sausage mixture and the melted butter. Mix to incorporate.
5. Roll heaping spoonfuls of the mixture between your hands to create 1-inch balls and place each on the prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
—Karen Stauffer, Fort Rucker, Alabama