Great for picnics and reunions. This was formally called Auntie M’s Drop Cake. Reason for this was, that on the way to the picnic area, the cake carrier’s bottom fell out, thus dropped cake.
1. Make a yellow cake mix according to directions, in an angel food/tube cake pan. Remove from pan, place on plate top side up and cool.
2. Wash, remove stems, cube strawberries and drain. Peel, rinse, cut into cubes and drain kiwifruit.
3. Cut top of cake off gently one inch down from top; set aside, very gently. Scooping, carefully take out cake in bottom part of cake, ensure to leave 1 inch on sides and bottom, thus forming a bowl. Place a piece of the cake large enough to fill hole in bottom of cake. (Use some of the cake that was scooped out).
4. Cube cake that you scooped out. Place cake, kiwi and strawberries in bowl, mix lightly. Gently fold the Cool Whip into the cake/fruit mixture, ensuring to cover all the mixture with Cool whip. Fill cake bowl with cream mixture. Pick top up with care, put top on cake, press gently to seal.
5. Place reserved Cool Whip in hole on top arrange 3-4 halves or sliced strawberries around hole. Enjoy!