Are you keen to grow fruit? See how to plan a low-maintenance fruit garden. There are some simple guidelines to follow which can improve the overall health of your plants and increase your harvest.
- It’s important to select a site with the right soil and shelter.
- Avoid overcrowding of fruit trees.
- Consider fences and support structures.
- Protect your garden from critters such as deer with fencing.
- Fruit cages or netting protect soft fruit bushes from birds.
- Cover the soil with mulch to avoid weeds which create competition for fruit trees.
Watch this video for advice on creating a new fruit garden!
Also, see our video on how to plant fruit trees from apples to pears to plums.
After you watch the video, why not try our easy-to-use Garden Planner. A little planning upfront means less pests, less crowding, and a more productive harvest. We invite you to try the Garden Planner for FREE for 7 days—ample time to plan your garden the first time.