Benjamin Franklin, born on January 17, in 1706, not only was a world-renowned statesman, inventor, and scientist, but also was fascinated by agriculture. To celebrate his birthday, we are flipping through the pages of our Engagement Calendars for some facts and quotes by Benjamin Franklin.
Happy Birthday, Benjamin!
Did you know … ?
A man named Benjamin is thought to be generous and intelligent.
Benjamin Franklin has been honored in 14 different halls of fame.
Benjamin Franklin was one of 17 children.
Benjamin Franklin invented an odometer and swim fins.
Some words of wisdom from Ben Franklin:
• “Make haste slowly.”
• “The best investment is in the tools of one’s own trade.”
• “He that teaches himself hath a fool for a master.”
• “An egg today is better than a hen tomorrow.”
• “Think of these things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account.”
• “Idleness and pride tax with a heavier hand than kings and parliaments.”
• “None but the well-bred man knows how to confess a fault, or acknowledge himself in an error.”
• “The discontented man finds no easy chair.”