Botanical name: Zebrina Pendula or Tradescantia Albiflora
Plant type: Houseplant
Sun exposure: Part Sun
Wandering Jews (Tradescantias) are valued for their stripes of white, green, silver, and purple colors in their leaves. They have trailing vines that flow from it's base and are very easy to care for.
- Grow in all-purpose potting mix in either a pot or hanging basket.
- Select a location that delivers medium to bright light.
- The room temperature should be between 55 and 75 degrees F.
- Water completely and allow the soil to dry before watering again. You can water less during the winter months of its resting period.
- Provide fertilizer twice a month.
- You can re-root the long stem tips by cutting in the spring and summer. Just make sure the stems are 3 inches long and the plant will root within 3 weeks.
Aphids tend to be a problem on the stems and leaves. To rid of them, pinch off the infected stems and spray the plant with water.