Raised garden beds are fairly easy to construct and even easier to maintain. Here is advice on how to build raised garden beds for your backyard.
Benefits of a Raised Garden
- Ideal for smaller spaces (versus a conventional row garden)
- Great for rocky, poor, or abused soil
- Produces a higher yield for the area, thanks to better drainage and deep rooting
- Allows for a longer growing season, since you can work the soil more quickly in the spring in frost-hardened regions
- Makes gardening easier; for example, intensive planting creates shade mulch to keep the weeds down