The flower petals add color and spice. This recipe is featured in the Garden-Fresh Cookbook. See more about this cookbook!
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram or 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh clove pink petals, torn into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound fettuccine
- grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the butter and oil. Add the shallots and saute for about a minute. Add the mushrooms and marjoram and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, add the clove pinks and parsley, and toss. Cover the pan, turn the heat to low, and keep the mixture warm. Cook the fettuccine according to the package directions. Drain the pasta, add to the mushroom mixture, and toss well to coat. Add more butter or olive oil, if desired. Top with the Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.
Please review this recipe below!