This recipe is easy to prepare -- and the sauce is great, especially with warmed bread.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 pound raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Saute the onion in butter and oil in a large, heavy pan. When the onion is soft, add wine, garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and oregano. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until the sauce thickens. Stir in feta cheese and simmer for 10 minutes. Adjust seasonings. Add shrimp and cook for 5 minutes or just until shrimp are pink. Don't overcook or the shrimp will be chewy. Sprinkle with parsely. Serve with warmed sourdough bread on the side.
Please review this recipe below!