Jasmine is known for its intensely fragrant blossoms that flower all year to brighten your home. The starry flowers grow in lovely clusters of bright white (or yellow). Though jasmine is a vine grown outdoors, the plant grows easily indoors where vines aren’t handy.
Grow in a pot or hanging basket with any good potting or all-purpose soil.
- During the spring and summer months Jasmine needs full sunlight.
- In the winter months Jasmine still needs light, but it doesn’t have to be direct.
- Soil should be moist and well-drained, but do not overwater.
- During the summer allow the soil to be moist and let it dry between waterings. Water less in the fall. In the winter and spring months keep the plant slightly dry.
- Prune after blooming season (which is spring) to shape the plant.
Root rot and mealybugs are common.