There is no year without one Friday the 13th, and no year with more than three. This day is considered the unluckiest of days in many superstitions, unless you were born on Friday the 13th, in which case it is your lucky day. “Friggatriskaidekaphobia” is the fear of Friday the 13th. Some people don’t like the number 13, whether it’s a Friday or not. The fear of the number 13 is called “triskaidekaphobia.” Quite a few skyscrapers and hotels do not have a 13th floor (or a room 13, for that matter), and many buildings substitute 12 1/2 for 13 in their addresses. Winston Churchill wouldn’t travel on Friday the 13th, considering it too unlucky.” Discover more fun and freaky facts about Friday the 13th!
Daily Calendar for Friday, May 13, 2022
Question of the Day
Advice of the Day
Reputation is a large bubble that bursts when you try to blow it up yourself.
Home Hint of the Day
Put a coat of boiled linseed oil on window sash and sills before puttying. Putty on dry wood will lose its strength because the oil will be sucked out of the putty and into the wood.
Word of the Day
A kind of large, thin muffin or cake, light and spongy, and cooked on a griddle or spider.
Puzzle of the Day
What part of a fish is heaviest?
- Sir Ronald Ross (bacteriologist) –
- Joe Louis (boxer) –
- Ritchie Valens (singer) –
- Stevie Wonder (musician) –
- Darius Rucker (musician) –
- Barry Zito (baseball player) –
- Prince Carl Philip of Sweden –
- Robert Pattinson (actor) –
- Debby Ryan (actress) –
- Cyrus Hall McCormick (inventor) –
- Gary Cooper (actor) –
- Derek Boogaard (hockey player) –
- Dr. Joyce Brothers (psychologist) –
- Doris Day (singer & actress) –
- Apple trees in bloom, R.I.–
- Velcro trademark was registered in the United States–
- Pope John Paul II was shot–
- A New Brunswick earthquake measured 3.9 on the Richter scale–
- Sandstorm in New Jersey–
- Grissom Air Force Base near Peru, Indiana, reported wind gusts of 136 miles per hour in a heavy thunderstorm–