Daily Calendar for Thursday, November 3, 2022
Question of the Day
How long can I keep leftover turkey and stuffing in my refrigerator?
You should keep stuffing and gravy for only one to two days. Turkey should be fine for three to four days. If you freeze cooked turkey, it should keep for about four months.
Advice of the Day
A dream of swinging on a swing denotes freedom and satisfaction.
Home Hint of the Day
To remove wax buildup in furniture hinges, scrub the hinges with a small piece of steel-wool soap pad. Be careful not to rub the wood. Follow up by wiping the hinges clean with a damp cloth.
Word of the Day
The lateral movement of a ship to the leeward of her course; drift.
Puzzle of the Day
What is it that occurs once in a minute, twice in a moment, and once in a million years?
The letter M
- William Cullen Bryant (poet) –
- Vincenzo Bellini (composer) –
- Walker Evans (photographer) –
- Charles Bronson (actor) –
- Michael Dukakis (politician) –
- Larry Holmes (boxer) –
- Kate Capshaw (actress) –
- Charles Kiraly (volleyball champion) –
- Giant panda cub at Zoo Atlanta –
- Annie Oakley (sharpshooter) –
- Henri Matisse (artist) –
- Mary Martin (actress) –
- Bob Kane (creator of the comic, Batman) –
- Bob Forsch (baseball pitcher) –
- Tom Magliozzi (co-host of Car Talk NPR national radio program, run with his brother Ray) –
- John Adams is elected as the second U.S. president–
- Canada’s first chartered bank, Bank of Montreal, opened in Quebec–
- Ulysses S. Grant elected president of the U.S.–
- In California, the poet and outlaw calling himself Black Bart made his last robbery when he stole a Wells Fargo strongbox from a stagecoach. A handkerchief left at the scene led to his arrest–
- The first automobile show in the United States opened at New York’s Madison Square Garden under the auspices of the Automobile Club of America–
- William Howard Taft elected as president of the U.S.–
- Mary Jacob received a patent for a brassiere–
- Detroit-Windsor tunnel opened–
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt reelected for second term–
- The U.S.S.R. launched space satellite Sputnik II, carrying a dog–
- Mariner 10 spacecraft launched, Cape Canaveral, Florida–
- Good Morning America debuted with co-hosts David Hartman and Nancy Dussault–
- Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton was elected 42nd President of the US. Five women won Senate seats, including Democrat Carol Moseley-Braun, who became the first African-American woman senator–
- U.S. Air Force’s uncrewed X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle Mission 5 landed at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida. The space plane had spent 780 days in orbit, breaking the previous record of 718 days in 2017.–
- Los Angeles, California, reached 96 degrees F–
- A storm dumped more than 8 inches of rain in parts of Vermont, causing floods and claiming 84 lives–