Daily Calendar for Monday, December 5, 2022
Question of the Day
Can you recommend any home remedies for arthritis?
If you’re troubled by arthritis pain, try adding apple cider vinegar or fresh gingerroot to your bathwater. Drinking ginger tea (up to a teaspoon of ground ginger in a cup of boiling water) also helps.
Advice of the Day
To fight insomnia, simmer warm milk with chopped garlic. Strain the garlic, then drink the warm milk.
Home Hint of the Day
To clean burned food from the bottom of an aluminum pot or pan, wet the burned food, cover with baking soda, and set aside for a couple of hours. Then scrape, wash, and rinse the pan.
Word of the Day
Lenticular clouds are only seen around mountains. These strange clouds are easy to spot, because they look like flying saucers or a stack of pancakes. Their most interesting characteristic is that they don’t move. Winds blow right through them, while other clouds are swept away.
Puzzle of the Day
What do men never wish to be in and yet labor hard to possess?
- Martin Van Buren (8th U.S. president. He was the first president to be a U.S. citizen at birth) –
- George Armstrong Custer (U.S. Calvary officer) –
- Walt Disney (animator & theme park developer) –
- Strom Thurmond (politician) –
- Frankie Muniz (actor) –
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (composer) –
- Claude Monet (painter) –
- Shoeless Joe Jackson (baseball player) –
- Don Meredith (football player & broadcaster) –
- Pusuke (world’s oldest living dog until time of death) –
- Nelson Mandela (political activist) –
- The ship Mary Celeste was found abandoned –
- Canada’s first electric car debuted, in Toronto, Ontario–
- American League for Physical Culture formed–
- First large hydroponicum established, in Montebello, California–
- Civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. helped organize the Montgomery bus boycott to protest racial segregation on city buses–
- The Rolling Stones celebrated the release of Beggars Banquet with a custard pie fight at London’s Kensington Gore Hotel–
- The last new episode of Monty Python’s Flying Circus was broadcast on the BBC–
- The first six astronauts were chosen for the Canadian Space Program–
- Electric eels lit a Christmas tree at the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy, Utah–
- Deadly tornado struck Vicksburg, Mississippi–
- Boston, Massachusetts, received 18 inches of snow–
- Newport, Rhode Island, received 24 inches of snow–