A beautiful Christmas wreath sets the tone for the festive season. Making your own is a very satisfying project—and it’s easy when you know how. In this short video, we’ll show you exactly how to make a wreath, step by step. This fun project will be sure to get you into the holiday spirit.
For this project, first gather the plant material you will need: for instance, sprigs of conifer, holly, ivy, and red dogwood stems all work well together. You may like to accessorize your wreath with a ribbon, bow, or other festive touch.
You’ll also need a wire wreath frame, some florists’ or paddle wire, and some pruners.
How to Make a Holiday Wreath Step-by-Step
- Cut your materials to size, making sure they’re in proportion to the wreath frame.
- Secure the end of the florists’ wire to the frame. Wrap it around the frame several times. Pull it tight to secure it.
- Select a piece of each material to create an attractive effect. Position the largest pieces at the base and anything with berries uppermost.
- Place the bundle where the florists’ wire is secured to the frame. Wrap the wire around the bundle three times. Pull it tight and make sure that it’s fixed firmly into place.
- Repeat, working your way around the frame. Overlap each bundle with the next to hide the wire.
- To finish, make a smaller bundle. Tuck this under the first bundle. Secure it with the wire.
- Flip the wreath over. Cut the wire and secure it into the frame.
And there you have it! A beautiful holiday wreath to hang on your door for a warm welcome to your home.
When you’re ready to start planning next year’s garden, try out our online Garden Planner for free! Click here: http://gardenplanner.almanac.com