Can the Moon change your luck? According to Moon folklore, in many cases it brings good luck. But not always! Read on …
It’s Lucky to …
- It is lucky to see the first sliver of a new Moon “clear of the brush,” or unencumbered by foliage.
- It is lucky to own a rabbit’s foot, especially if the rabbit was killed in a cemetery by a cross-eyed person at the dark of the Moon.
- It is lucky to hold a moonstone in your mouth at the full Moon; it will reveal the future.
- It is lucky to have a full Moon on the “Moon day” (Monday).
- It is lucky to expose your newborn to the waxing Moon. It will give the baby strength.
- It is lucky to move into a new house during the new Moon; prosperity will increase as the Moon waxes.
It’s Unlucky to …
- It is unlucky to see the first sliver of a new Moon through a window; you’ll break a dish.
- It is unlucky to point at the new Moon or view any Moon over your shoulder.
- It is unlucky to sleep in the moonlight, or worse, be born in the moonlight.
- It is unlucky to see “the old Moon in the arms of the new” or the faint image of the full disk while the new crescent Moon is illuminated, especially if you’re a sailor. Storms are predicted.
- It is unlucky to have a full Moon on Sunday. (Some say Saturday … )