Can the Moon change your luck? According to Moon lore, in many cases the full Moon brings good luck. But not always! Read on about full Moon superstitions and folklore.
When a Full Moon Means Good Luck
- It is lucky to expose your newborn to the waxing Moon. It will give the baby strength.
- And it’s also lucky to move into a new house during the new Moon; prosperity will increase as the Moon waxes.
- It is lucky to see the first sliver of a new Moon “clear of the brush,” or unencumbered by foliage.
- Every wonder why people keep rabbit feet? It is lucky … especially if the rabbit was killed in a cemetery by a cross-eyed person at the dark of the Moon.
- It is lucky to hold a moonstone in your mouth at the full Moon; it will reveal the future.
- It is lucky to have a full Moon on the “Moon day” (Monday).
Beware, Though. The Moon Can Bring Bad Luck, Too
- It is unlucky to have a full Moon on Sunday.
- It is unlucky to see the first sliver of a new Moon through a window; you’ll break a dish.
- And it’s certainly unlucky to sleep in the moonlight, or worse, be born in the moonlight!
- It is unlucky to point at the new Moon or view any Moon over your shoulder.
- It is unlucky to see “the old Moon in the arms of the new” or the faint image of the full disk while the new crescent Moon is illuminated, especially if you’re a sailor. Storms are predicted.