Make your own decorative fire starters with these simple instructions.
All you need are some dry twigs or pinecones, a little candle wax, and glitter!
- Find about 12 skinny, straight twigs, all about the same thickness and about six inches long.
- Bundle the twigs together by tying them in the middle of the bunch with cotton string.
- Melt some old candle stubs or wax in a wide tin can set in a saucepan of simmering water.
- When the wax has melted, use tongs to dip the bundle of twigs carefully into the wax.
- Lift the twigs out onto newspaper, and sprinkle them with gold, silver, or colored glitter before the wax hardens.
- When the wax is cold, tie the bundle with raffia or colored string.
- Instead of twigs, you can use pinecones (the size of eggs).
- Dip the cones into the hot wax and then sprinkle them with glitter.
- For a nice gift, put 12 glittery cones in an empty paper egg carton or small wicker basket, and decorate with a pretty ribbon.