- Grow in soil-based potting mix in bright to moderate sunlight, but not directly facing hot sun.
- Maintain average room temperature and humidity.
- During growth, water occasionally; once fully developed (within one year), water moderately.
- In the spring and summer months keep the soil moist. Do not let soil dry out.
- Fertilize twice a month in the spring and summer, however, avoid overfertilization.
- Prone to tip burn from dry soil or salt and fluoride found in some public water. Keep the soil slightly moist. Avoid using fluoridated water.
- To rid of the brown discs on leaves, use your fingernail to remove the brown residue every few days.