Daily Calendar for Thursday, August 31, 2023
Question of the Day
How do I know when onions are ready for harvesting?
When the tops of the onions start to turn yellow and begin to fall over, it is time to harvest them.
Advice of the Day
Do not hang all on one nail.
Home Hint of the Day
To remove a fresh bloodstain from a washable fabric, try a solution of 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 cup of water.
Word of the Day
Thin white cloud that resembles veils.
Puzzle of the Day
The Tarheel State.(Name the U.S. state!)
- Henry V of England –
- Rocky Marciano (boxer) –
- John Ford (film director) –
- Princess Diana (killed in a car accident in Paris) –
- Lionel Hampton (jazz musician) –
- Tom Seaver (baseball player ) –
- Baron Lisgar (2nd Canadian Governor General 1869 - 1872.) –
- Maria Montessori (doctor and founder of the Montessori method of education) –
- Buddy Hackett (actor & comedian) –
- Van Morrison (singer) –
- Itzhak Perlman (violinist) –
- Richard Gere (actor) –
- Chris Tucker (actor) –
- Sara Ramirez (singer and actress) –
- Honolulu was declared the capital of the Hawaiian Islands–
- A deadly 7.3 (estimated) moment magnitude earthquake occurred in Charleston, South Carolina–
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the Neutrality Act of 1935, prohibiting the export from the U.S. of arms, ammunitions or implements of war to any belligerent state–
- Laurence Olivier and Vivien Leigh married–
- National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame chartered, in Bonner Springs, Kansas–
- Comet Howard-Koomur-Michels collided with the Sun–
- Hurricane Emily lashed the Outer Banks of North Carolina–