Daily Calendar for Saturday, November 25, 2023
Question of the Day
What is the best way to deodorize my car?
Clean all the upholstery and carpeting with a mixture of vinegar and water. Sponge it in and blot with a towel. You can clean the remaining interior surfaces the same way.
Advice of the Day
To clean a steam iron, fill it with vinegar, let sit overnight, and flush with water.
Home Hint of the Day
To hammer in a small brad without hammering the fingers that hold it, poke the brad through the edge of a piece of cardboard, holding it while you tap the brad in most of the way. Then pull the cardboard free and pound the nail flush.
Word of the Day
A rude, rustic fellow.
Puzzle of the Day
What is that which is so easily broken that the mere mention of it breaks it?
- Franz Gruber (composer) –
- Andrew Carnegie (industrialist) –
- Georg Kaiser (dramatist) –
- Virgil Thomson (composer) –
- Helen Gahagan Douglas (politician) –
- Joe DiMaggio (baseball player) –
- John Larroquette (actor) –
- Amy Grant (singer) –
- John F. Kennedy, Jr. (son of President John F. Kennedy and First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy) –
- Christina Applegate (actress) –
- Barbara Pierce Bush and Jenna Welch Bush (fraternal twin daughters of President George W. Bush and First Lady Laura Bush) –
- Upton Sinclair (writer) –
- Flip Wilson (actor & comedian) –
- Rance Howard (actor) –
- First sword-swallower performance in the U.S.–
- First YMCA in North America opened, in Montreal, Quebec–
- Last log entry for Mary Celeste before crew disappeared –
- Greenback Party (originally, National Independent Party) organized–
- American College of Surgeons incorporated–
- Albert Einstein formulated his general theory of relativity–
- The first door to King Tut’s tomb was opened–
- President John F. Kennedy was buried at 3:34 pm EST in Arlington National Cemetery–
- Robert S. Ledley granted a patent for CAT scan–
- Rene Levesque became premier of Quebec–
- U.S. chess champion John Donaldson wed Soviet champion Elena Akhmilovskaya–
- Ireland voted to legalize divorce–
- A tornado ripped through Portland, Arkansas–
- Steubenville, Ohio, received 36.3 inches of snow–
- West Virginia received 57 inches of snow–
- A blizzard hit the Appalachian states and nearby areas. Hartford, Connecticut, recorded gusts of 100 miles (160km) per hour.–
- Winds atop Mount Washington in New Hampshire were recorded at 160 miles per hour–