These homemade cinnamon ornaments are super-easy, with only three ingredients! They’re a lovely way to decorate the Christmas tree—and a fun craft for all ages.
Cinnamon “Dough” Recipe:
- 6 tablespoons applesauce
- 10 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix applesauce, cinnamon, and cloves until smooth and clay-like.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on your tabletop and rolling pin, and roll the applesauce/spice mixture to about ⅛-inch thickness.
- Use cookie cutters or a small knife to cut out your shapes.
- With a small skewer make holes for hanging ribbons and draw details on the shapes.
- Place cutouts on a cookie sheet and put in a 120 degrees F oven.
- After 1-½ hours turn the oven off but leave the ornaments in overnight to dry.
- Store in an airtight jar until ready to use.
- Decorate with ribbons and hang on the Christmas tree or tie them to holiday gifts.
Makes about 20 fragrant ornaments.
Illustration by Margo Letourneau