These homemade cinnamon ornaments are super-easy, with only three ingredients! They’re a lovely way to decorate the Christmas tree—and a fun craft for all ages.
Cinnamon “Dough” Ingredients
- 6 tablespoons applesauce
- 10 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
Cinnamon Dough Directions
- Mix applesauce, cinnamon, and cloves until smooth and clay-like.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on your tabletop and rolling pin, and roll the applesauce/spice mixture to about ⅛-inch thickness.
- Use cookie cutters or a small knife to cut out your shapes.
- With a small skewer make holes for hanging ribbons and draw details on the shapes.
- Place cutouts on a cookie sheet and put in a 120 degrees F oven.
- After 1-½ hours turn the oven off but leave the ornaments in overnight to dry.
Decorate with ribbons and hang on the Christmas tree or tie them to holiday gifts!
Makes about 20 fragrant ornaments.