Wit & Wisdom: 8 Things You'll Wish You Said
For daily wit & wisdom, sign up for the Almanac newsletter.
Here are some unconventional “pearls of wisdom” to make you think—or smile—or just say, “Hmmm.”
1. War does not determine who is right—only who is left.
2. The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
3. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
4. How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
5. A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it.
6. Why do Americans choose from just two people running for president and 50 for Miss America?
7. When you’re tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually uses water.
8. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
Now, if you share these words of wisdom on Facebook or the like, they are YOUR words of wisdom to pass along!
Get Almanac’s Daily Updates
BONUS: You’ll also receive our free Beginner Gardening Guide!