The 2022 Old Farmer’s Almanac contains everything you need to know about the world around you—from the soil below to the sky above! Here’s a list of helpful tools and resources that you can find on our website.
On Almanac.com, we have an entire suite of astronomy tools that you can customize to your location—no back-of-a-napkin math necessary!
- Sunrise & Sunset: See when the Sun will rise and set in your location, in addition to other relevant information such as the length of the day and timing of twilight.
- Moonrise & Moonset: Find out what time the Moon rises and sets today, where in the sky it rises, its percent illumination, and more.
- Next Full Moon: When is the next full Moon? This tool lists the dates of upcoming full Moons, as well as information about each month’s Moon’s traditional names.
- Moon Phase Calendar: Learn when the Moon will be in its new, first quarter, full, and last quarter phases during each month of the year, and see the percent illumination of the Moon on each day.
- Visible Planets: Which planets are visible tonight? This tool lists the daily rise and set times of the planets in our solar system, including where in the sky they will be visible and their percent illumination.
- Eclipse Dates: Don’t miss the next eclipse! On this page, you’ll find information about upcoming lunar and solar eclipses, including what parts of the world they are visible from.
- Meteor Shower Calendar: Find out when the next meteor shower will be and get our top viewing tips!
- Equinoxes and Solstices: Each season begins with either an equinox or a solstice. See when each season begins and learn more about these special dates.
- NOAA Tide Charts: See the timing of today’s low and high tides in your location.
- My Local Almanac: Get astronomical times calculated for your zip code and presented in the classic style of our Left-Hand Calendar pages.
Be in-the-know about what’s going on with our collection of informative calendar tools—including the ever-popular Best Days!
- All About Today: Learn about any particularly interesting events that happened on today’s date and see which famous folks died or were born on this date.
- Best Days Calendar: When is the best day this month to do… anything? Use our Best Days calendar to see the best days (according to the Moon) to quit smoking, wean children, plant aboveground crops, and many more activities!
- Best Fishing Days: Fishing is said to be best between a new Moon and a full Moon. See the dates of the best fishing days this month! Don’t miss our collection of fishing tips, tricks, and tales, too.
- Mercury Retrograde: When the planet Mercury is in retrograde motion, it’s said to cause all sorts of trouble for us here on Earth. Read more about Mercury retrograde and see when the planet will next be in retrograde motion.
- Zodiac Profiles: Find out what your zodiac sign says about you!
Ready to get your hands dirty? Gardening is our passion—and we want it to be yours, too! Here are all of our most helpful gardening resources.
- Frost Dates: See the estimated dates of the first fall frost and last spring frost in your location.
- Planting Dates Calendar: Find out when to plant what! Consult our Planting Calendar to see the optimal spring and fall planting dates for your location. Dates for 30+ common vegetables and herbs are listed.
- Gardening by the Moon: Gardening by the Moon is a traditional way to plant crops, relying on the Moon’s phase to inform planting dates.
- Growing Guides: Looking to grow tomatoes, hydrangeas, basil, or another plant? Check out our extensive library of 100+ Growing Guides for vegetables, fruits, herbs, flowers, houseplants, and more, where you’ll find everything you need to know to go from planting to harvest!
- Pest & Disease Guides: Got pests? Consult our comprehensive pest and disease prevention guides to learn how to combat common problems, like Japanese beetles, powdery mildew, and silverfish.
- Learn to Garden: Designed for those who are just getting started with gardening, this collection of guides will take you all the way from digging out a garden patch to harvesting your first tomato!
- Monthly Gardening Tasks: Find out what you should be doing in the garden this month!
Check out our famous long-range forecasts or learn some of the secrets behind our predicting methods.
- How We Predict the Weather: Learn some of the secrets behind how The Old Farmer’s Almanac predicts the weather. (Hint: we don’t use wooly worms!)
- Long-Range Forecasts: See 60 days of our famous long-range weather forecasts, tailored to your weather region.
- Weather History: How much did it rain on June 20, 1971, in Seattle? Consult our Weather History tool to find out what sort of weather conditions occurred on a specific date in a specific place.