- Grow annuals in a sunny, sheltered site. They need a lot of sun.
- Plant in moderately fertile, well-drained soil.
- Choose a site that is sheltered from cold or drying winds.
- Sow Morning Glory seeds early in the season once the ground has warmed to 64 degrees F.
- File the seeds just long enough to break the coat and soak them for 24 hours before planting them. (They look like little worms.)
- Cover lightly with ¼-inch of soil. Space about 6 inches apart. Water thoroughly.
- Apply a balanced liquid fertilizer after planting and monthly.
- Support climbers and trailing species.
- Morning glories are low-maintenance. Water during dry periods.
- Mulch to retain moisture and avoid weeds.