Easy Punch Recipes and Tips
Make a simple punch to celebrate the day.
Photo by Thinkstock
Holiday and Party Punch Recipes
For daily wit & wisdom, sign up for the Almanac newsletter.
Enjoy our simple punch recipes and tips, from easy fruit punch for kids’ birthday parties to more formal holiday punches and non-alcoholic options. Make your punch a smashing success!
Simple Punch Tips
- Get out the punch bowl and put it to work, or use a large glass pitcher. (Glass punch cups are readily available at thrift shops.)
- Freeze some of your punch in one or two ice cube trays, and use this instead of ice cubes to avoid diluting your drink.
- For decorative ice, add a few sweetened, dried cranberries, cherries, mint leaves, pieces of orange, or bits of pineapple to each ice cube tray compartment. Pour in diluted apple juice or water, and freeze. Add to the punch just before serving.
- To keep hot punch from cooling too much, don’t pour it all into the punch bowl but simmer about 1/4 of it on the stovetop, and occasionally use it to top off the bowl.
- Use your slow-cooker, set on low, to heat nonalcoholic drinks and keep them hot. Allow about 2 hours for the ingredients to get hot.
- If you use whole spices, add them when you first heat up the ingredients, and strain them out before serving; or tie them up in a cheesecloth bundle and remove before serving.
Best Punch Recipes
Spicy Rum Punch
Apple-Cranberry Punch (good for children)
Al Henry’s Fish House Punch
New Year’s Day Punch
Get more great holiday punch recipes, and find out how to make the traditional Haymaker’s Punch. Plus, get fun summer drink ideas.
Which punch recipe is your favorite? Let us know below!
Get Almanac’s Daily Updates
BONUS: You’ll also receive our free Beginner Gardening Guide!