½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
• Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
• Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl, whisk to mix, and make a well.
• In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter, and vanilla and whisk to blend. Pour into the well and stir with a wooden spoon until evenly blended.
• Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cups.
• Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the pan 180 degrees and bake for 5 to 6 minutes more, or until golden and the muffins spring back when touched.
• Transfer to a cooling rack for 3 to 4 minutes, then remove the muffins from the pan and place on the rack.
• Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl.
• Generously brush the top of each muffin with melted butter and dip it into the cinnamon sugar. Serve warm