A simple but excellent combination. For a special meal, lay fresh sprigs of rosemary and thyme over the vegetables before roasting.
2 or 3 carrots
2 or 3 parsnips
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
Optional: 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut carrots and parsnips in half lengthwise, then halve again.
- Mix the honey, olive oil, and dried thyme in a bowl.
- Put the carrots and parsnips on a baking tray, evenly spaced.
- Brush on the honey/oil/herb mixture. (You could also put the vegetables in a big bowl and just toss with the mixture until evenly coated.)
- Season with salt, to taste.
- Roast about 45 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly browned and crispy on the edge.