A traditional recipe (from Dublin, Ireland) for making a delicious Irish barmbrack and using up leftover tea!
1. Place the cold tea in a bowl. Add in the sultanas, cover and set aside to soak overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, baking powder, beaten egg, nutmeg and soaked fruit, with its soaking liquid until well-mixed.
4. Transfer the mixture to a well-oiled loaf tin.
5. Bake for 1 hour, 30 minutes until risen and set.
6. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes in its tin, then turn out and cool on a wire rack. Glaze with honey if required.
7. Serve in slices with butter and store in an airtight tin. Will keep fresh for 4 weeks in a tightly closed container.