Broccoli and Cheese Twice-Baked Potatoes
Makes 12 servings as a side dish, 6 servings as a meal.
Sign up for daily recipes and kitchen tips
Who doesn’t love a baked potato loaded with gooey, melted cheese? But these Broccoli and Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes are even better since we stuffed them with caramelized onions, broccoli, and two kinds of cheese! This simple side dish is easy to make and uses everyday ingredients.
6 russet potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 head broccoli, cut into small pieces and steamed
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 cup warm milk
1 tablespoon butter
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce holes in potatoes and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, depending on size.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add onions and cook until golden.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Grease a baking sheet.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half and scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, combine the pulp with onions, broccoli, cheeses, milk, butter, and pepper.
- Stuff potato shells and place on prepared baking sheet. If the filling is warm, bake for 10 to 15 minutes. If the filling is cool, bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
Get Almanac’s Daily Updates
BONUS: You’ll also receive our free Beginner Gardening Guide!